Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tech Time ::: Easy-Macro

All photos by {accordingtoame} including my rings and diamond!

So I am a bit of a macro nerd, and after backing the new Easy Macro on Kickstarter, I actually own multiple "macro for smartphone options." This past few days, the weather was amazing (yay for 60 in January!), so I played with the Easy Macro while I was doing some photos for upcoming blog posts. 


So far, what I like about this vs the Olloclip is the fact that it can be used with just about any case, on just about any device, and not just the iPhone. It's also nice to not have to be [B]as[/B] close as the Olloclip to get a clear shot. Another positive is that you can use it on both the front [I]and[/I] back camera, vs only the back camera, and it wont jack up your screen protector putting it on and taking it off, which is one other thing I don't love with Olloclip, since it usually destroys them in the process of putting the clip on the phone.



What I don't love about the Easy Macro right now is  that it's a little flimsier in the lens itself, and is only one lens with no other options such as wide angle like the Olloclip includes. However, you can stack two lenses to get more magnification, though I have not tried that, and might check that out one day.  This is strictly a macro-only-option.  I know that Olloclip recently released a strictly macro option themselves, with three strengths, but that again is iPhone only.   

One other thing I would like them to consider in future iterations is not making the band blue. Black, gray or white would be preferred, because in reflective materials, the blue shows, which you'll see below in some of the images.  While it's not always bad, I don't want it in all of my images.

For device size comparisons, Olloclip on the left, Easy Macro on the right:


Pairing either of these gizmos with your iPhone5s camera though will result in SERIOUSLY awesome photos regardless of your subject. 




As you can tell, my favorite is usually my rings, because I dig the facets and the way the camera captures them under magnification. I keep hoping my inclusions will show up under the magnification because under the scope they're freaking awesome, but I think I need a stronger macro for that.  





I'd wager that close-up diamond shots don't bore too many people.

Anyone a fan of the Easy-Macro? Or the Olloclip? What are your favorite things to take macro shots of?


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?