Thursday, June 12, 2014

Test Driven ::: It! Cosmetics Tightliner 10-in-1 Dual-Ended Brush

All photos by {accordingtoame}
  
A while back, It! Cosmetics had a Friends and Family promotion code for 25% off on their site. I was hankering for yet another Heavenly Ball Brush, and another French Boutique Blush Brush (which I ended up going through QVC for to get another pressed cheek stain...)

While poking around on the site, in an effort to spend more money, I mean, find more products to check out, I happened upon a fascinating new eyeliner brush, the Tightliner 10-in-1 Dual-Ended Brush.  

And beyond just fascinating and pretty damn amazing, it's also award winning. It literally just won an Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributor (ICMAD) Award for Product Innovation in Accessories and Tools! Well deserved! 


What caught my attention was the dentil shaped head of the flat end, which in theory is designed to better work into the lashline and get much closer to the skin, vs just at the edge of the lash line.  I immediately added this brush to my cart, and checked out.

Upon receipt, I immediately saw the possibilities of this new gizmo. If I was to say anything negative about it, I would say that I wish the end of the bristles were "tapered" more, vs blunt cut. But the proof is in the pudding, so let's see how it works.




I gave this a go on a weekend morning, just because I wanted the time to play with it. I usually tightline with a pressed powder liner from BareMinerals, the special edition I have mentioned before in my tightline "tutorial" that has finally been made available again as a regular line product on QVC. I might have..uh...a stockpile.  I find that it gives me both the deepness I want color-wise, but the smokier effect I prefer, vs using a cream or gel formula. There is sometimes fallout in application, but I dust it off and go about the rest of my face.

Regarding this liner duo: I saw a few "complaints" in the reviews regarding the slightl shimmer you might see in the pans. On the eyes, it is barely there, if even at all. I actually wish it was more pronounced, actually. It comes across as matte to me, but not flat.  





For the application, I dipped the dentil-end into the dark brown shade in the compact, and lifted my upper lid a hair to start from the underside, not quite into my waterline. I could immediately tell that the serration in the assembly of the brush lengths was really getting in between the lashes in a way that my usual angle brushes never did. Just in the first pressing of this brush, there was a marked difference. 


(yikes!)



I finished the first line across from the underside and stared at the difference from eye to eye. Then I did another line from the top, pulling my eyelid slightly taught from the outer edge. Perfect. The amount of fallout compared to normal was also diminished. It was as though this brush allowed more of the product to get onto my eyelid than normal but the line was not as dark, in a good way. It was smoky, filled in better, and a better kind of subtle.

Yay for more Blogger skin perfection! My eyes look nuts again. 

I repeated the process on the other eye. Since I normally would blend the lines out with my eco tools liner brush, I did the same using the other end of this brush, which has a similar head. Same effect, though I didn't really need to do it.




I then went on with my usual eye routine with the champagne shimmer shadow all over and underneath my eyes, and my mascara layering. Once I had my mascara on, I knew this brush was a definite keeper.




I find myself reaching for this brush a lot, because it produces much more definition than I get when I usually tightline, with less product needed and less layering than usual. And definitely less fallout. Huge bonus.  I have been using this when I want the intensity and the usual angle liner brush when I am going for a more "subtle" line than this, but in the interest of full disclosure, I don't do much in the way of "subtle" in the eye makeup department.  

I've been using the two dark shades in the Dolce and Gabbana "Smoky" quad lately with this brush and I am L-O-V-I-N-G it.  I need to get that post up here. 

Are you a fan of ItCosmetics, and especially their brushes? Have you tried this brush? Clearly I am in love with their brushes! 


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?