Monday, June 16, 2014

Must Try ::: Olomomo Nuts

Photos by {accordingtoame}

Having gotten myself totally attached and addicted to the Chili and Honey Almonds from Graze, I was on a MISSION to find a worthy substitute til they show up again in another Graze box.


Every few days, I go by Smoothie King on my way to work and make that my breakfast. I usually do the drivethru for speed, but I was super early one morning so I actually went inside. Near the register, I saw a selection of coated almonds I'd never seen before in any other location called OLOMOMO. Besides the fun label, I was immediately drawn to the Righteous Cinnamon Cayenne flavor, and snatched a couple single-serve packets up.


Later that day, I was foraging through my apparently cavernous-and-packed-full snack drawer, and when I spotted one of the packets, I pulled one out. I popped a couple in my mouth and found my winning substitute!  

The coating is obviously different, but the sweet and spicy crunch totally hits the spot. There's just enough of the coating on each individual nut to give you the flavor, but not so much to dwarf the flavor of the almond. I love that there's just enough spice to wake up your taste buds, but not enough to make you sweat or give you the throat burn.


I ended up back at the Smoothie King the following morning snatching up the rest of the single serve packets of that flavor, and picked up a couple of the Mango Chipotle Zinger as well. The Cinnamon variant remains my favorite but they've been a fun, semi-healthy treat every few days. I am fighting the urge to buy full size bags from the company directly because I will bulldoze the entire thing in a couple days!

 Have you tried these? Which is your favorite?

Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?