Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Wow::: Sebastien Barier + Antique Emerald Cut Ring

Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com

As a regular over on an online diamond mecca, Pricescope.com, I am often allowed the luxury of some pretty fantastic baubles.  Many feel redundant, however beautiful, as how often will a perfectly cut round brilliant in a solitaire or an antique-style cushion in a micro-pave halo really grab you when you've seen about a hundred almost identical to either before, other than the occasional masterpiece in a pretty astounding size.   How jaded does that sound?


But once in a while a really unique piece comes along that just grabs you by the eyeballs and won't let go.  That piece for me was a ring recently posted by asscher_girl, which was crafted by Sebastien Barier, a photo of which I have shared above. I can just get lost in those magnificent steps *sigh*. 

Barier's was a name that was almost never mentioned on that board, one that often finds it's setting designer du jour and gloms all over them like they might be a savior of some kind. That is, until either the designer screws up a queen bee's project of the month and is lambasted for the world to see or someone new comes along and he or she is suddenly last week's stale and rotting bread.  

Never in all of my years on and off of that community, or others like it, have I see such exquisite craftsmanship. Such fine millegraining, and well formed prongs, the only change I would even consider on this piece would be claw prongs, and that's just my personal preference.   He specializes in Art Deco- and Edwardian-era work, and dare I say, he does execute work from those period pieces exquisitely.  
Feast your eyes on a few more images. I linked her thread above so you could see more, as there are many, all of which are equally drool-worthy. 


 Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com

 Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com


 Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com

 Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com

Photo: Asscher_Girl from Pricescope.com

I immediately added this collection of photos, and many more from that thread, to my Pinterest board, All that Sparkles, and I actually have saved a few to my phone so I can ogle it when I feel the need to daydream.


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?