Monday, July 12, 2010

RESTAURANT REVIEW: Hwy 61 Roadhouse, Webster Groves, MO

This was a pleasant surprise. I had heard it was good, but never made it a point to check out and wow we were missing out!

We went around 2 on Sunday (yesterday) and it was VERY cleared out, presumably busier in the morning for their brunch.


We were seated immediately, took a while for a server to show up though.  They have Diet Dr. Pepper, which was already a good start.  I ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork platter--which was awesome. I got the Mac and Cheese and Corn Soufle for sides. All was amazing. That mac was pretty damn good.  The husband got the stuffed chicken, which I was also going to get but didn't want to double up. That was A-MA-ZING. Ill have to try that again next time. Wow was it tasty. The chicken had a lovely filling of andouille and tasco sausage, and a nice cream sauce.  The mac and cheese was a mix of saucy and that melty gooey cheese, as though it were made like "normal" and then put in this little dish, covered with cheese and bread crumbs and baked a few minutes. It was very very nice. Shaved Duck kicks all ass though so while this was up there, it was still no shaved duck ;)

I had the Banana Bread Pudding for dessert and it was VERY delish. Next time I am getting gooey butter cake. I can't believe I didn't get that this time. It was a tough call.

I will be back for another meal here. The food was amazing, though I feel a bit overpriced for portion size.

Website:
http://www.hwy61roadhouse.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I've blogged about them about 10 times, I fricken love that place! We were just there for mother's day brunch all you can eat and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?