Saturday, May 15, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: LaRoche-Posay Anthelios XL Fluide Extreme

During our trip to NYC earlier this year, I drug the husband all around the Upper East Side to all the fancy "drugstores" to obtain all the products that are damn near impossible to get anywhere near where I live and/or impossible to find online.  One of the products on my list was the LRP Anthelios sunscreen. This stuff is supposed to be the greatest sunblock on earth for especially pasty skin, but for sun protection in general. And now I see why. 


It comes in a few formulas, from this Combo-to-Oily skin "liquid" version, to the heaviest creme version I've ever seen.  This bottle is tiny and way more liquid-y than I expected but it doesn't take much, and it soaks in so fast I didn't even remember putting it on, before I started spackling. You shake it up vigorously, and then squirt some in your hand, rub together and apply like normal.  I actually put it on before my moisturizer and it soaks in, then I put moisturizer on top.  

I was NOT vigilant about sunscreen for most of my life, which is why I am constantly getting moles and spots checked and removed. I tanned in a death bed far too often, and I am paying for it now.  So I am trying to get on the stick with this so I can hopefully prevent any more wrinkles or aging and slow down anything worse before I should be showing both. 

They also make a daily moisturizer in SPF 15 that I tried and liked a lot, but with retinoids a SPF15 isn't really enough. 

It's pretty steep, and relatively hard to find. But if you can get your hands on this product, it's worth every penny.

I purchased at Zitomer in NYC, but I know you can get it at Clyde's Chemist, and online through www.laroche-posay.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?