Saturday, May 15, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: ENJOY Sulfate Free Hydrating Shampoo and Instant Reconstructing Conditioner


While I was buying a replacement bottle of Vitamino Color earlier today, I spotted some smaller sizes of the ENJOY line of products. It's a line I was hoping to try as it was sulfate free, and despite previous attempts at finding a sulfate free line that I liked, I hoped this might be a good one.

Well, it isn't, I washed my hair with it just now and not only does it smell kind of gross, it takes a LOT for a lather and it leaves the hair feeling drier than straw. It was actually hard to rinse. So I started with a small blob of conditioner, the stylist who handled my payment said the stuff was to die for. Well I'll die before I use that again. This line might well be the worst line I've tried behind Pureology.

It felt like it MIGHT be moisturizing as I slathered it in, but as I rinsed it out it was definitely not. My hair was even MORE like straw. I could not even comb through it with water running on it. I had to reshampoo and recondition, which I did with the Loreal Shampoo and just the Pantene for Red. My hair feels a lot better.

I think this sulfate free thing is kind of a lark. I get that it's supposed to be better for hair, especially on colored hair, but there's gotta be something added to make up for the lack of sulfates, and whatever it is isn't cutting it, and from what I can tell, the chemical compounds are not much different or much better than the real thing. 

2 comments:

  1. I use the Pravana Sulfate Free volumizing shampoo. I have naturally really oily hair and this works for me. Sulfate Free shampoos are weird-- they don't lather and leave your hair feeling really weird, I really like it b/c my hair is SO much cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill have to check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?