Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Wow ::: Office Tour of Lucky Editor Eva Chen

All photos: Dominomag.com

So as I have mentioned recently, Domino magazine came back, and it's back in a big way. The new issue with new material is stellar, and despite being deemed "Holiday 2013", it isn't overtly "holiday" in a way that makes me want to barf.  Which is good, since I am more Scrooge McDuck than Fa-la-la-la-la.

One of my favorite features, among some absolutely to-die-for home and office tours, was an office tour of the newest editor of Lucky Magazine, Eva Chen. And this isn't a "junior" editor, or editorial assistant, or anything of the like.  This is the Editor in Chief, hand picked by none other than Anna Wintour herself.




What I love about this space is that you don't feel like it is a room in an office building, you feel like you're in someone's super chic minimalist loft. It's light and bright, and most importantly, not cluttered.




Is this space not just ridiculous? I could seriously move right in.  I sense that security would probably be called if I did that. 

Sidebar::: I will admit, I was sad to see Kim France and Andrea Linett leave Lucky. I thought they were fantastic, and loved the way the magazine was with them running the show.  I haven't fully made up my mind on Eva Chen yet, since she's only been there a couple issues, though given her serious use of social media and how down to earth she is, I can only assume it will be a great fit, and I love that she's excited about bringing it back to its "original glory."  I am looking forward to seeing where the magazine goes in the future, too, especially where digital meets print. She's been hitting on bringing back the magazine's roots and DNA of high-low, I just hope they don't go too high with the high-low, her first cover made me a little nervous in that regard.  I think her youth and relateability will be a huge asset in this instance, especially since she's read (and, in the past, worked for) the magazine since it's infancy.

Welcome back Domino, and pleased to meet you, Ms. Chen!  Check out the whole online feature HERE, and check out the relaunched print version Domino Magazine, on newsstands now!


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?