Friday, July 26, 2013

Weekend Update::: On a Beach!

Photo by Andrew Hara, from www.rsvlts.com

Ok, not yet.  But I will be in the not too distant future! 

So, I might have a few less posts than normal popping up, and (hopefully) a few more tweets and Instagrams than normal (as you've likely noticed, I kinda fail so hard at social media...) while I am away! This is more of an "advanced warning" that I am taking a short break from all forms of work for a couple of weeks, partly for my trip and partly to just veg.   This vacation has been a very long time coming after a way-too-long span of work-work-working solid for nearly 8 years...so I have several scheduled posts, but I scheduled less than I normally post, yknow, because it's vacation and stuff. I will pick them back up when I get back as usual!


This vacation will be worth the wait, since it will be total paradise and I. Can't. Wait!  When we honeymooned, we only spent a day on this island, and didn't get to see nearly as much as I would have liked. Since my husband and most of his clan have been there before, though many years ago, this will be kind of a neat trip, introducing the new little ones to the island and seeing what's changed since the others were there last.  

I am most excited about our Mauna Kea Summit & Stars Adventure, which is run by Hawai'i Forest & Trail.  We took a Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park Hike/Tour with them on our honeymoon and loved the guides, and weren't able to stay long enough for this adventure that trip. Now that we are, I really looking forward to checking this out.  My parents and their friends went on this adventure after I mentioned it originally and they were very impressed. Now it's my turn, finally!  I never thought I would be packing a hoodie for Hawai'i, but so be it.

It's going to be strange to not wake up, get ready for work, actually work, and take care of my varied clients' every need for a little over two weeks, but I think I can handle it. My away message is begging to be "enacted!" 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled update!

I have had a busy month, culminating in a really crazy week!  Besides my design work, this week I tested out some new products, checked out an amazing wedding which I was anxiously awaiting images of for a lonnng time, and completed a styled shoot and open house for the grand opening of a new local wedding venue, Haue Valley. It's spectacular, very rustic-chic, and I was honored to be asked to participate!  I cannot wait to see the final images. 

This weekend, I need to get to some way overgrown roots, I might try to get a pedicure in preparation for my trip (we don't want to go into how long it's been since I've had one of those...), do some laundry that's gone neglected and then...nothing. I haven't had a weekend off in a while!  Maybe I should make a massive dent in the magazine pile I have going on.

What are your big plans for this weekend?


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?