Monday, July 22, 2013

Must Have::: Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+

Photo: Me, of my bottle

The Josie Maran Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+ is a newer product in my repertoire (as in under a year), but one that became a very fast favorite of mine.

I have incredibly sensitive skin, exacerbated by prescription retinoids, and I am also allergic to nearly everything. Long-time readers will note the lack of any lip product reviews--that's why, almost every single lip product contains one of the many ingredients I am allergic to, so even though I have one or two I can tolerate, I rarely wear much in that department.  Call me ahead of the nude-lip trend, if you will! 

This incredible product is one of the really rare sunscreens that I can put on my face without an instant rash or patchy chemical burn and it happens to be one of the best moisturizers for daytime that I have ever used.   It absorbs immediately, is rich but not oily or greasy, is incredibly moisturizing from the inclusion of pure Argan Oil, provides the perfect protection from the sun for daytime, and does not disturb or interfere with makeup application or wear.  And it smells like Sweet-tarts!  I could huff on the bottle all day.

Each morning, I spritz a little rosewater on my face to wake it up and get my skin a little moist before applying my moisturizer and a little something under the eye. Presently I use the Mario Badescu's Facial Spray, but I have just received the new one from Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics and I am playing with it now!  

The One Love Organics Spray--keep an eye out in a few days for a preliminary review!

After I dampen my face, I apply one pump's worth of this Josie Maran Moisturizer all over my face, including the area around my eyes for the SPF. After about a minute, I will apply an under eye cream of some kind, either a little of the Chagrin Valley Whipped Squalane Face & Eye Mousse, a secret love of mine which I just shared with you fine readers a few weeks back, or maybe some Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair. I usually take a minute to go take my medications so that everything can absorb before I start my makeup and hair routine for the day.

Since switching to this product for my daily moisturizer, I have not had a single skin eruption. Not a rash, not a zit, not a burn, nothing! In Winter or on super-flaky dry days, I might need to supplement with the Chagrin Valley or add a little extra drop of the Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil to my skin just for the added moisture, but for everyday in Spring-Fall this is perfect for my combination/sensitive skin.

I have a regular sized bottle of this moisturizer, but I think I may pick up that Jumbo so I don't run out. I also just picked up a travel sized bottle so that I am not taking up precious space in my Ziploc bag for our upcoming trip to Hawai'i.

Josie is often on QVC with her products, so check out one of those airings to get a great deal.


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?