Thursday, July 4, 2013

Trend Worth Trying::: Nautical

Photo: Pinterest (not well sourced...)

I am really using the word trend very loosely in this particular post, since this form of "prep classic" is really just that, classic.  Everything about these pieces and this "trend", while still fit for summer, could really be seasonless with the right styling.

As I have repeatedly stated, I am a serious lover of all things navy, especially paired with green and gold, and what better time than Summer to break out the deep water favorites?  

Despite being completely landlocked in the Midwest, I absolutely love the look and feel of coastal prep and the, at least implied, ease.  I know some people in my life won't be entirely surprised by this, but others might, since I am kinda stuck between that "tortured college artist with metal tendencies" and the "lady who lunches" and can't seem to pick a team (sometimes I am business on the top and party on the bottom!) I like to imagine after a day on the yacht, just tossing all my stuff into a rope handled tote, throwing on a navy cardi with gold buttons over my swimsuit and white jeans, slipping on some boat shoes (despite my general disdain for the look of those!) and going out with friends for dinner and drinks.  A girl can dream!

Check out a few of my favorites fit for and inspired by the open seas:::



1::: Seabags, adorable and durable totes made from sailcloth and rope. This particular one is from their collaboration with J.Crew, and is probably my favorite of them all, for obvious reasons. Here's a link to their main site, to check out their multitude of other offerings. 

2::: An adorable Sperry Topsider Clara Flat, or if you're braver and more coordinated than me, a cute Sperry Harbordale wedge!

3::: Raina Love Knot Belt, which would be amazing to spiff up a simple cardi and tank.

4::: I die for this C. Wonder Striped Cardi...the navy and white with gold buttons? Sign me up. And over a lime green tank? It's like they put this outfit together while screaming my name. 

5::: Trina Turk Racquet Club Halter Swimsuit. This just makes me think "American Aristocrat." It is something I can totally see Tory Burch or Aerin Lauder wearing and inciting an absolute fashion frenzy.  

6::: ViX Swimwear Malawi San Diego Coverup.  So easy and comfy. 

7::: Lemon and Line Newport Bracelet. I came across this line of bracelets about 4 months ago when I was trying to find something simple and cute and summery that was also not ridiculously expensive compared to what other similar designs were out there.  I also love this navy and gold version.  

8::: Caitlin Wilson Textiles "Anchors Away" Collection. How. Cute. Are. These. Pillows.  I am lusting for the navy link and the the teal arrow. 


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?