Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tech Time ::: Best Techie Gifts

Photos: Apple, PLX Devices, Handbag Butler, Olloclip, Nest, Nordstrom, Coin, Samsung, Fitbit, 1Password, Evernote and Dropbox

This year has reawakened my love for so many things that I took for granted, and introduced me to so many new things that I now "can't live without" (well, I probably could, but I don't want to!) Great gadgets, great technology, great apps, great ideas, all to make our lives a little brighter and a little easier.  Who wouldn't want to share those ideas and gadgets with the loved ones in their lives?

Since today is Tech Time, we'll start with my top picks for Techie Gifts!


1::: Apple released the iPhone5S and iPhone 5C this fall, two fantastic updates on the iPhone. Both would be a great upgrade for the iPhone lover, or the new Smartphone user in your life!  Don't need a new phone, and would rather a new tablet? Apple also released the iPad Air, and the iPad Mini with Retina Display

2::: A backup power device would make a great addition to anyone's arsenal, and most, if not all, work with just about any tablet and smart device available. Shown here are the PLX Legion, which is not available to the masses yet but can be preordered, as well as the Handbag Butler MightyPurse, which comes in tons of colors and works with nearly every smartphone on the market. There are tons of options on the market, but both of these would be terrific options. 

3::: The Olloclip is at present iPhone only, but is a fun little gizmo that allow your phone's camera to take incredible macro, wide angle and fisheye photos. It isn't case-friendly, but doesn't require you to glue or stick anything onto your phone or case like many other options do.  Another option which is case-friendly is the EasyMacro lens, which is macro-only. 

4::: The Nest Thermostat is a genius self-learning invention that I am still lusting for in my own home. I love that it monitors and adjusts itself to your patterns. 

5::: How about a sleek new tablet case for your iPad or Android-OS tablet. Shown here is a Trask option which would be great for the guy in your life, and a Kate Spade for your best gal friend.

6::: The Coin payment card is a really brilliant new way to pay, and there's only 3 days left to preorder. I have been reading about this for a while and I am totally intrigued by the simplicity. I love the idea of just one card, though I would be totally sad to not need my Tumi wallet anymore!

7::: For those interested in Android OS, the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone or Note3 and it's accompanying smartwatch, the GalaxyGear, would be a pretty sweet way to go.  Oprah thinks so, anyway.

8::: I got my Fitbit this summer and I wear it everyday, and still use the silent alarm every weekday. I really dig it, and it's a steal for $99! For anyone looking for a reliable pedometer with more bells and whistles, this is the way to go.  

9::: Looking to get someone more organized (or yourself...) in 2014? Get them a great new productivity app, like 1Password, a paid upgrade for Dropbox, or Evernote Premium. All are available on multiple OS platforms. 

10::: Do you have a fan of music on your list? Get them a SiriusXM subscription! You can get them an online only plan, or a receiver-based option.  If you go with the online option, that gives them access to streaming via the smartphone app. 


Any great tech gifts on your list? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!


Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?