Monday, August 26, 2013

Must Have ::: Acure Organics Leave-in Conditioner

Photo: Me, of my bottle

I discovered Acure Organics Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Leave-in Conditioner about maybe a year and a half ago through JennifersWay.org, the website started by Jennifer Esposito (yes, that one, and yes I miss her on Blue Bloods, too!), chronicling her diagnosis and adjustment to living with Celiac Disease, and most recently, the opening of her new bakery (um, yes please!) that is Gluten Free and Allergy Friendly.  She is super open and honest about her struggles, and gives a lot of insight, product suggestions and recipe suggestions to the readers to help them adjust as well, and it's become a fantastic reference for anyone needing insight into Celiac. So check out her website, because it's amazing.

Acure's pretty large product line is gluten free so it is definitely a big win for folks with that disease, but besides just being gluten free, they are also not tested on animals, and do not contain any parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, artificial colors or any otherwise harmful preservatives.  I love that the product AND the line are natural, fair trade and that it doesn't contain anything that makes me feel I am putting anything unsafe into or onto my body. I haven't found worthy natural replacements for everything, but I figure if I can get the "first responders" cleaned up, that definitely will make a bigger impact.

Besides the overall organic ingredient composition, what appealed to me was that the line seems science based and not just plant based.  For this specific product, the selling point was simply the inclusion of Argan Oil and the Argan Stem Cells and the added strength the combo would give the hair strand. 

The first time I used it, I immediately noticed the scent. It's unlike anything else out there, kind of spicy, kind of maybe a clove-ey smell, just otherwise delicious. I didn't notice immediate detangling as I expected it would, but when my hair dried, it was so incredibly soft and smooth. And the big sell for me, which was totally unexpected, was when I wet my hair for the next shower, it stayed manageable til I shampooed, which is generally uncommon.  

As I kept using it, that effect actually continued, and my hair continued to feel amazing.  I was curious if adding more Argan Oil would intensify the effect, so I added a dropper-full of the Josie Maran Oil to the half empty bottle and shook it up. Sure enough, it did, and I have been doing that since and it's made even more impact in my hair's moisture level. My hair just soaks it right up and feels significantly less dry than when I don't use it.



I usually order now from their website, because we still don't have a local outlet despite their line being in most Whole Foods (neither of ours has it!), but sometimes when in DFW area I will stop in the Central Market store with my mother in law and grab a few off the shelf there. 

I love this leave-in conditioner, and despite it's size (I go through this bottle in like 3 weeks easily!), it's a great product for the price. And the smell...oh my, I love the smell!

Be sure to follow according to ame on 
Twitter ::: Facebook ::: Instagram ::: Pinterest  ::: Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?