Wednesday, July 18, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW/COMPARE: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer VS Loreal Magic Lumi Concealer

I am a glutton for punishment. Seriously.  Short answer: IF I had to choose one, Maybelline. But they both mostly blow chunks.

Loreal: Super sheer. I get irrationally angry reading the word concealer on this thing. The damn thing doesn't cover anything. It's seriously see through completely.

Maybelline: Less sheer, but at least has a little something going on in the pigment department. Where this one beats Loreal, and not by a lot, there is some kind of shimmery business in it. That actually does make a difference, hence why I plaster my whole eye area in ten pounds of champagne shimmer eyeshadow.  In photos it seems decent when compared to the Loreal, but not by a lot.



Note that in all the "after" shots where my brows are done and it seems I have all my makeup piled on, there IS shimmery shadow on the undereye area. That obviously makes a significant impact in how the light bounces off that hot mess.

Here is a line of each on my hand. That Loreal line is a lot of product and still too sheer. I blended down half the line but the Loreal is essentially gone completely in the blended end. Like it wipes right off. What's the point?!






Side by sides, just these pens used here. For reference, Loreal is on the LEFT, Maybelline on the RIGHT, the Loreal is 5 coats, the Maybelline is 3:








After ALL the makeup is done, Loreal on LEFT, Maybelline on RIGHT.



Just the Maybelline here:







Just the Loreal Here:







Bottom Line:
If you don't have a lot of undereye darkness the Maybelline could be worth a shot if you are not showing any dryness or age under your eyes.  It's cheap enough to get and toss if it's not going to work. The Loreal I would skip in a second because there's literally almost nothing to it.  However, after 12 hours on, neither looked at all nice on the skin at the end of the day. Flaky, kind of creasy, and overall kind of ew. So if you're at all wrinkled like my undereyes are from a lifetime of spackling, it might not be something at all worth trying. It definitely calls attention to less than smooth undereye skin.  Both are around $10, and can be had on sale at the drugstore or Target for less.

I returned the Loreal, and I kept the Maybelline. Maybe on a "good day" Ill use a little of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?