Friday, September 3, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: Loreal Voluminous Mascara Waterproof in Carbon Black

I love to watch the YouTube videos that Kim Kardashian and her makeup artist Mario put up, there are 3-4 "parts" showing how he gets her all spackled up for an appearance. Her makeup is generally pretty bang-on amazing, so I always try to emulate it, in the laziest way possible, of course.
Photo: Lorealparisusa.com

Mario mentioned that he loves Loreal Voluminous, especially the Carbon Black shade, and I know of at least one very lovely blonde mamacita that likes that one also. But I need waterproof mascara or my mascara will run down my face like a freakshow. 


While wandering aimlessly through a Target cosmetics department as I am frequently doing, I came across the Voluminous Carbon Black in a Waterproof formula, and like a spaz, I squealed and snatched it up, almost dropping my contraband jar of Nutella along the way.  

I finally busted that baby out today and I am pretty pleased! It really is BLACK, and I liked the effect I got right away, and it wasn't too wet as most new mascaras usually are. This might be a keeper and just might beat out my usual Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof.  

It really keeps the curl, and it envelops the lashes in a fantastic way without weighing them down. It's not too wet, not too dry, and the brush is not too unwieldy like sometimes they can be. But most important: the brush is a BRUSH. Not plastic!  This particular color is probably a "special night" color because it's a bit much on me for daily wear, but I am really liking the formula a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?