Thursday, September 16, 2010

Coming soon: A product review for Acne.org Treatment


I am in the process of trying to reign my face back in.  I have definitely retired the alien deathray laser gun (Clarisonic) for now, that thing seems to have been the biggest culprit the raging acne I developed. I don't know if it's because it harbors bacteria like nothing else, or if it's just not cleaning as well as it should...who knows. But it's not worked well for my face.

A lot of folks on various blogs and forums have mentioned this Acne.org line of products as being godsends for their faces, so last week I ordered myself a tube of the Treatment, which is a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment gel.  



The site's owner has developed a "regimen" that has worked well for him, and interestingly he recommends some great drugstore products that he includes, one of which is the moisturizer I knew and loved for so long, Olay Complete Spf 15 for Sensitive Skin, which in some marketing geniuses infinite wisdom at Olay, they made NOT sensitive skin friendly a few years back so I defected, as did the Acne.org clan and founder.  But thankfully someone over at Olay DOES have a brain--probably not that same decision maker up the chain that changed it, and they brought back the "Classic Gentle Formula", and it's labeled on the box so make sure if that was your favorite too that you get the one that says CLASSIC GENTLE FORMULA.

I also went back to my Dove Sensitive Skin bar, as that works best for me, and is what my dermatologist has always recommended.

In about a week and a half I see a new derm, so I might be back on the sauce (a fun cocktail of Tazorac, Differin gel and Finacea) but I want to give this a whirl first.

Since I JUST got it yesterday..I will start working with it tonight. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?