Monday, April 23, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: Ojon Damage Reverse™ Restorative Hair Treatment

Photo Credit: QVC.com

I have dilly dallied in using this stuff, mostly because it absolutely stinks to high heaven. To say it stinks is a gigantic understatement.  It's some kind of disgusting cigarette stink smell that I can't seem to describe any better than that. It is probably the single "stinkiest" product I've ever tried out.  


I decided Saturday was the day to give myself a stinkpalm to the hair, and busted out the jar. I bought the 1.9oz jar because I wasn't sure how it would work for me.  Since I get highlights in my already colored-to-death hair, any help is good. I would say this jar should yield me 3-4 treatments total, simply due to the ridiculous amount of hair on my noggin.

You scoop a bit of this solid waxy gunk out into your palm and it almost immediately melts into an oil. Rubbing your hands together further emulsifies it. Then you just apply it to your dry hair. Work it through till it's well coated. I ended up blasting my hair with the blowdrier on hottest setting possible for a couple minutes after I got it all through and then twisted it up while it was still hot and clipped it up to keep it off my shoulders and shirt.  Then I just let it marinate and stink up my house for about a half hour while I watched House Hunters (I love that show!) Afterwards, I shampooed and conditioned with Bumble Creme De Coco in hopes that it would offset the smell a bit. It did, but not a lot.  It felt kind of like I hadn't gotten it all out, but when it was dry the next morning it felt gooood.  I hesitate to say that it makes my ends look much better, at least the layers anyway, but it didn't seem like the nape of my neck was as knotted as before, though today it's back to normal under there. (joy!)

It says on the package to not use it within 5 days of coloring--before or after, so be sure to keep that in mind if you try it.   I won't be touching up til this weekend so hopefully there's not a coating I need to deal with before then.

I know they sell it on QVC also, but here's two easy links. I got mine from Beauty.com because I need to get more brow markers.

http://www.sephora.com/damage-reverse-restorative-hair-treatment-plus-P299707?skuId=1383199

OR

http://www.beauty.com/ojon-damage-reverse-restorative-hair-treatment/qxp340245?catid=25437

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?