Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: Too-Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer

It's awfully hard to come back to this and talk about makeup and frivolous stuff when the last entry is about Mr. Wyatt....But I must heal and keep going.

My first post back will be a review about yet another concealer trying to cover my ridiculous circles.  I picked up this TOO-FACED one on Beauty.com though I've seen it at Ulta and Sephora.  I was buying something for the next review so I decided to lump it all together.


Contrary to the name, this is not my idea of flawless coverage, let alone ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS as the name implies....


My initial reaction to the color, which is actually the middle of three colors, called Perfect Nude, was that it looked pretty spot on what I usually get. I am glad I read the reviews and didn't buy the lightest one. It apparently is the snowiest white around.  This Perfect Nude was deceptive though. On the skin it's the most bizarro shade of like...fake orange. It reminds me of the weird spray paint that Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep used in Death Becomes Her. The texture is...odd. It's a lot like that IT! Cosmetics one, which is like a weird oily gel texture.

I took a before photo, albeit a horrid one, so you can see before I start piling on the makeup. It's awfully red for some reason, and doesn't really show them in their true glory.

I put one coat on my left eye, shown in the photo below.  Not the best coverage, which is kind of problematic and means Ill require several layers to make a dent.

On the right eye, I used one coat of my usual Mary Kay.

And side by side:

In photos it almost seems a draw, but the big difference is the texture and longevity. This Too-Faced stuff needs IMMEDIATE powdering or it's gone. And within about a second of setting my phone and this MK tube down, I had to completely redo the other eye.

I decided one coat was not working, so in a bit of an experiment I mixed a blob of each, much like I did with the IT! Cosmetics one.  Together they work better, but for $20 a tube, I shouldn't need to mix it with another product for coverage.  I have returned this already to Beauty.com. The color alone was bad enough, but the staying power is horrible. The coverage is a joke.  

Here's a pic after the mix, and then when I powdered all over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?