Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

I saw this product pop up on QVC a while back, and saw a few reviews around the web, I think Musings of a Muse did one most recently. It looked very interesting, and I am a sucker for a powder foundation since I don't really want to pile liquid on all over my face.




This one included a brush, and I was shocked at how TEENY this thing is! It's seriously the length of my pinky. The bristles are barely like a half-3/4 inch out of the ferrule, the length of my entire nail (I'd distinguish a finger but they're all the same length!) . Around my eyes it's a little rough, but Im hoping that it softens with some washing.





I really like the jar, it's a wooden lid with a built in stopper, and the jar has a built in sifter. I don't know how this will work as you run low on product but ...we'll see if I like it that much to keep going.

The formula itself is nice. Very soft. On the skin it's not shimmery, but at the same time, it's not super matte or flat.  It lasted a pretty good while, not quite as long as the Bare Minerals. Coverage was a little sheerer than I hoped for. The BareMinerals is significantly more full coverage by comparison.

For color, I ordered FAIR, based on the reviews saying it runs dark. I wear Golden Fair in Bare Minerals, and that's not quite olive enough for me but it's pale enough. I usually get the pressed, and it's still the right lightness--I didn't go darker in pressed bec the next shade in pressed is still too dark. I thought for sure when I pulled that little sticker off the sifter this stuff was going to be way pink, but on the brush and my face it really was pretty close.

Side by side on a qtip, Bare Minerals is the one kinda on the top-right and the Tarte the bottom-left:


It did oxidize a bit during the day though and gained a little redness and depth though, so that might be a dealbreaker for me. I wouldn't say like sunburned redness but I looked overall more flushed than otherwise.

Here's a side by side on my hand, Tarte is on the left:




And on my face. I have half my face in my usual Bare Minerals (right in the pic) and half in the Tarte (left in the pic)



I am mixed on it right now. I am going to give it a few more days before I decide if it's a keeper or not.

I got it QVC. I think Ulta may eventually have it, but this might be a QVC Exclusive for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?