Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: Kevyn Aucoin 'The Sensual Skin' Tinted Balm

On a whim, I decided I needed to try some kind of "balm" product. I don't really know what I was going for. Maybe some kind of in between product? Either way, I ordered the Kevyn Aucoin "The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm" one afternoon, and after waiting a unusually long period of time to receive it, seriously like 2 weeks or something from when I ordered, I started in on it.



I first noticed it's nice packaging, a nice skinny tube, very "swanky" metallic red, like the rest of his stuff. It seems like there is a significant amount of product in there.

I ordered SB02, after  finding swatches on the Beauty Professor Blog that gave me a feel for colors, and I will say, her swatching was bang on. PERFECT color for me. Just yellow/olive enough and pale enough for me. But it's SO SHEER, it's almost not worth putting on...because while it's great on my hand, it just ....doesn't show up on my face at all as in, doesn't do much for me. There is like zero coverage, so it didn't really even anything out, cut down on redness or reduce the amount of spackle I needed around the eyes, unfortunately. Which I guess is what I thought maybe I would get out of this....


The feel is incredible, despite the enormous amount of silicone in it. I didn't get a horrible rash either, which I am thankful for, again, despite the enormous amount of silicone in it.  I think if you love tinted moisturizers or beauty balms and don't have a ton to cover up, this would be great for you. Like I said, I have no real idea what I was after when I got it, so I don't see myself actually using it a lot, and for nearly $50, I think Ill probably return it if it's just going to sit there.

Here are a few pics of it on my hand.

First--bare left hand:




Blended on my right:


Closeup:





 I got mine at Nordstrom.com for $48.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?