Friday, March 16, 2012

My current products...March 2012

I've gotten a few emails about this so I thought I'd put up a list....

Follow the jump to get a full list! 

Skincare...
Cleanser: Alternating Simple Skincare Moisturizing Facial Wash (drugstore/target) with La Mer Cleansing Gel (nordstrom)
Serum: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (night) and occasionally La Mer Regenerating Serum (both nordstrom)
Treatment: Differin .3 (alternate with .1 or with Tazorac)
Moisturizer:  Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin cream (jar), on hot days the lotion version
Eye Cream: alternating La Mer eye concentrate with Olay Total Effects
Exfoliant: Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Step 1

I wash my face in the shower using either a washcloth or that Clarisonic with the delicate (gray) brush head. SO FAR I have not had a repeat performance of ridiculous acne etc from the Clarisonic. Last time...it was bad badness.


Makeup....(current regular morning routine)
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me in #10, layered with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind "Eraser" in 10/Fair (about 3 layers of each)
Foundation: IF I use it, Laura Mercier Oil Free in Porcelain Ivory or Bare Minerals in Golden Fair, a mix of original and matte, usually over the LM liquid.
Powder: NYC in Translucent (the compact, wicked cheap!) or Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Blush: Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones in Peach Perfection (?)
Setting Spray: Makeup for Ever OR Urban Decay 16 hour
Brows: Touchback brow marker, Auburn
Eye Shadow: Loreal singles in Morning Light, sometimes Urban Decay Naked Palette: Virgin all over, Half Baked on lid, Smog on outer corner/crease and along lashes, Darkhorse along lashes, and Creep as tightline. Some days I use Hustle in there too. Some combo of that nearly daily.
Eye Liner: besides Creep, Hustle or Darkhorse shadow, some days its Smashbox Waterproof Shadowliner in Hollywood or Starstruck, or Loreal Voluminous Chubby liner in brown smudged around.  I like a lot of liner/eyes.
Mascara: I layer Maybelline Waterproof Lash Discovery in Very Black with Maybelline Waterproof Full n Soft in Very Black and/or Loreal Voluminous Waterproof in Very Black.

I don't wear lip stuffs.


Hair....
Shampoo: Loreal Professional "Serie Expert" Vitamino Color alternated with Bumble Creme de Coco, and occasionally Ted Gibson Individual Color in Captivating Copper
Conditioner: Loreal Professional "Serie Expert Vitamino Color" alternated with Bumble Creme de Coco, Pantene Color Expressions in red hair, ULTA Ultimate Red or John Frieda Radiant Red.
Color Conditioner: Ted Gibson Individual Color in Captivating Copper alternated with Aveda Color Conditioner in Madder Root and Chamomile mixed (or bixa/annatto mix)
Leave-in: If I use it, usually mixture of Josie Maran Argan Oil and MoroccanOil treatment or Wella Color Preserve. Occasionally Ill work a drop of Jojoba oil through the ends too, esp if Ill be using a curling iron or blowdrier
Styling: either a 1.5" curling iron or large hotrollers. I don't use styling products.

I have been asked about my color recipe, but I am not going to give that away! It's a mixture of several shades of red in level 7 and level 6, and a tiny bit of brown to prevent hot roots. I also self-highlight every 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?